- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Clarion Group entity with which you are interacting as detailed above. For example, the Clarion Group entity organising the event you are attending or managing the website you are using. We will make it clear to you which entity this is;·
- ‘the site’ means the Clarion website you are visiting or engaging with; and·
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting our site.
2. How you can contact us:
- Address: FAO the Data Protection Officer, Clarion Events, Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW63JW, United Kingdom.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data: All information about an identified or identifiable natural person ('the person concerned'), such as name, address, date of birth, title (s), gender, address, telephone number, e-mail address, job title, personnel number, medical reports, content of e-mails, achievements / figures, letters, complaints, photos, videos, IP addresses, tracking cookies, login names and passwords.
- Processing of personal data: An operation or a whole of operations, relating to personal data or a set of personal data, automated or manual, such as collecting, recording, ordering, storing, updating, modifying, retrieving, consulting, using, providing by forwarding, disseminate or bring together any other form of posting, linking, and the protection, erasure or destruction of data.
- Special personal data: Personal data showing race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical convictions or membership of a trade union, genetic data (DNA / RNA) or biometric data (eg photos) with a view to the unique identification of a person, and data about health, or someone's sexual behavior or sexual orientation.
- Person involved/”you/your”: The person to whom personal data relate to.
- Processing officer: The entity that determines the purpose and means for the processing of personal data. Within the framework of these regulations, the competent authority, namely Clarion Group / Clarion Events Asia, represented by the Executive Board, is the controller.
- Processer: The natural person or legal entity who processes personal data for the controller (Clarion Events Asia). A processor has an executive task, for the activities of the controller.
- Third: A natural or legal person, a government agency, a service or another entity.
- Clarion Events Asia: the controller as meant in these regulations.
4. Scope and objective
1. These regulations set rules on the processing of your personal data of all those involved in the organisation, including employees, visitors, visitors to our website and external relations (eg suppliers and contractors).
2. These regulations apply to all your personal data processed by Clarion Events Asia.
5.The regulation aims
a. to protect your personal privacy against the wrong and unintended use of the personal data;
b. to determine for which purpose and on what (legal) basis personal data are processed within Clarion Events Asia;
c. also to ensure, moreover, that personal data are processed lawfully, transparently and properly within Clarion Events Asia;
d. to record the rights of data subjects and to ensure that these rights are respected by Clarion Events Asia.
6.Purposes of the processing of personal data
In the processing of personal data, Clarion Events Asia complies with the relevant Dutch legislation and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG), and the AVG Implementation Act.
1. The processing of personal data takes place for:
- Execution of an agreement
- The fulfillment of a legal obligation
- To protect vital interests
- For the fulfilment of a task of general interest
- For the fulfillment of legitimate interests
- Entering into and executing employment contracts, cooperative relationships with contractors and contracts with suppliers;
- The implementation or application of laws and regulations;
- Legal proceedings involving Clarion Events Asia.
2. The processing of personal data may also take place for purposes that are compatible with the purposes as previously described.
7. Information we may collect about you
- Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events (whether as a delegate, exhibitor speaker or attendee) or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
-We may collect, for the purposes of any events that we operate badged access for, information about your location in and engagement with the event. For example, for certain events, access will be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. In this situation we will collect information about when you enter the event and which sponsors you have engaged with.
- Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
-We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
8. How we use information about you
We will need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event.
Please note that we may also share your personal data with other entities in the Clarion Group for this purpose.
Where we need to share these details with such logistic partners in order to perform the contract we have with you, the legal basis would be the performance of a contract.
In other circumstances, we have a legitimate interest to provide the details to our partners, because these services are required for a seamless exhibition experience, and it is in your interest to be provided with this information. If you prefer us not to share these details with our logistics partners, you can us indicate using the opt-out box when you register your details or let us know during the contracting process.To assess the activity of our attendees at our events. We assess how people move around and engage with our events. We do this using any apps you have activated or signed up to, and where you allow your badge to be scanned by staff at our events. We use this information for analytics, and to improve and enhance our events. It is our legitimate interest to monitor the location and engagement of our attendees at our events. Transfer your contact details to an Exhibitor or Sponsor if they scan your badge at one of our events. The purposes for which exhibitors or sponsors will use your personal data will be communicated to you by the exhibitor or sponsor when they make initial contact with you.When you hand your badge to an exhibitor for them to scan you, you are consenting to your Personal Data being passed to the exhibitor or sponsor. If you do not wish for your information to be passed on, please do not scan your badge.Analyse user traffic to measure the use of our websites and improve their content.We may use information such as your IP address for analytical purposes of our pages, this could also include improving the content of our websites and services. We have identified web analytics as a legitimate interest of our business, and allow us to better meet your needs as a customer. To comply with or abide by legal obligations or requirements. We may need to use or process your personal data to comply with some legal requirements, an example being health and safety or fire safety at an event.Where we need to process your data for these reasons, the legal basis will be compliance with a legal obligation.
You can find out more information on the privacy notice provided at the time you submit your data to us or in your contract with us (if applicable).
9. Who we might share your data with
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- Other entities in the Clarion Group. Where the relevant Clarion Group entity is outside the EEA, we would only transfer data where an appropriate safeguard such as EU model clauses or Privacy Shield certification exists between the entities.
- Any other Clarion Group entity or selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent will be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
11. Third Party Content, Sites, and Contributions
12. How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes). Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
13. Where we store your information
14. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officers details are provided on Page 1 of this policy. You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine-readable format, and where we are able to; transmit this data to another organisation.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to request that we delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the Netherlands, the relevant authority is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, you can find their details at https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
15. Whilst attending an event
By allowing your entry badge to be scanned by a sponsor or exhibitor of the event, your personal data will be provided to the sponsor or exhibitor for the purpose of contacting you in the future about their products and services and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
By attending the event your personal data will be held and used by the organiser of the event and any third party hosting provider acting on its behalf in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and for the purpose of running the event.
For security reasons and attendance analysis, badges may be scanned on entry/exit and whilst attending the keynote and sessions. This process is not associated with third party consent choices you may make.
Video and still photography by the organiser and for the purpose of creating web and social media content will take place at the event. If you do not want to be filmed / photographed, please visit the reception desk at the event.