New project lines utility with Energy 2030 goals
As part of the Energy 2030 goals, MGE:
- Supply 30% of all its electricity sales with renewable energy resources by 2030
- Reduce carbon emissions by 40% from 2005 levels and 80% by 2050
The wind farm consist of 33 turbines powering approximately 47,000 households.
CEO Jeff Keebler, CEO at MGE, said: "Saratoga is serving MGE customers with cost-effective, clean electricity while adding new, more efficient wind technology to our energy supply mix.
"MGE remains committed to driving carbon out of our energy supply mix and to reaching our carbon reduction goals. Saratoga – and our other proposed renewable energy projects – are steps in our ongoing transition toward a more sustainable energy future.
"We have said since establishing these goals that if we can go further faster by working with our customers, we will.'
The utility has plans to:
- Add an additional 100MW of solar energy capacity to its energy mix
- Electrify the transportation sector by growing the use of electric vehicles and facilitating charging.
- Work with stakeholders to increase energy efficiency.
This news is brought to you by our Official Supporting Media, Smart Energy Intenational.